Looking for things to do in Orlando? There are plenty of events and attractions in the area, but many of these locations are swamped with tourists for a large portion of the year. That’s why Tropical Ford has developed a list of fun things to do when the tourists aren’t around. Here are just some of the top attractions.
According to Trips to Discover, kids will love iFly Indoor Skydiving. This location provides you with a vertical wind tunnel to simulate a free-fall scenario. It’s safe for children as young as three, and many adults and seniors find this to be a thrilling experience. This is a great way to experience skydiving without the risks of the real thing.
Stop by the Kennedy Space Center. This is one location that has tons of visitors per year, but it’s also something that many native Orlando residents never actually visit this icon. The Kennedy Center has space-based history dating back over half a decade, including some of the latest innovations developed by NASA and private companies like SpaceX.
Finally, visit Gatorland. If you live in Florida, you must see the alligators. This place has a speedy zip line, training experiences, and unforgettable shows. These are some of the largest alligators in the state, making this a truly unforgettable time.
Go skydiving at iFly Indoor Skydiving, see the history of exploration at the Kennedy Space Center, and see the biggest alligators around at Gatorland. These are the top things to do when you’re in Orlando.
Ford recently received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index. In other words, Ford was named one of the “Best Places to Work.” Ford is dedicated to providing equal opportunities for all, and it’s also constantly striving to keep its workers happy. When you work for Ford, including Ford dealerships, you’re family.
So how exactly does one earn a perfect score? According to Ford, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is based on a national benchmarking survey as well as corporate policies and practices—specifically those associated with LGBT equality in the workplace. The HRC is working to eliminate all forms of discrimination, with a special focus on LGBT issues.
“Ford is committed to creating an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion within our workforce and communities,” said Meeta Huggins, chief diversity officer, Ford Motor Company. “The diverse backgrounds of our employees truly make us a stronger company and we are extremely proud of our policies and programs that support equality.”
Ford has received a 100% on the index since 2004. Overall, HRC rates over 1,000 corporations and businesses, looking at everything from workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, and transgender-inclusive healthcare benefits. In short, Ford believes everyone is entitled to equality, one reason it has scored so high on the Equality Index for over 12 years.
Location is important to many travelers and that factor has made Florida a tourist hotspot for decades now. The state has many attractions that make it one incredible place to visit and live. One could even argue that it’s the best state of them all. Here are several reasons why Florida is the best state in the country, from us here at Tropical Ford!
- Seafood – Thanks largely to Florida’s location, fresh seafood is standard cuisine in the panhandle state. No matter where you go, you’re never far from fresh seafood. Some our favorites include the Florida stone crab and oysters!
- Coral Reef – The Great Barrier Reef is one of the most well-known sea attractions in the world. Florida has a coral reef of its own and it’s a unique attraction here in the United States. The only coral reef in the country stretches along the Florida coast. Artificial reefs include sights like the USS Oriskany.
- History – Believe it or not, Florida is home to the oldest settlement in the United States. St. Augustine has been regularly occupied since its founding, making it the oldest city in the United States. Originally founded by the Europeans upon arriving in the New World, St. Augustine serves as a historical foundation for much of Florida’s history.
Fall has finally arrived and a change in the season means a change in local events! From Halloween to events simply taking advantage of the cooler weather, there’s something for everyone. There are plenty of upcoming Orlando events to attend.
- The Haunt at Old Town – Taking place every Friday and Saturday until October 31st, The Haunt at Old Town is designed to give even the toughest guests a scare. This event features five free haunts zones and an all-new Zombie Tag game that everyone will love. Two additional haunted houses require tickets. Other features include trick-or-treating for all ages, costume contests, muscle and classic car decorating contests, and much more!
- Uncle Donald’s Farm – Kids and adults alike can enjoy a fun-filled adventure through a hay maze, take a hay ride, see uncommon animals, and more at Uncle Donald’s Farm. On October 14th, 15th, 21st, and 22nd, visitors can check out nocturnal animals with a “Walk on the Wildside” then visit the “Creepy Crawly Barn” full of reptiles. A pumpkin patch will also have pumpkins available for purchase.
- Great Pumpkin Limited – Those in search of a unique fall adventure should stop by Orange Blossom Cannonball. There, families can take a ride on the Great Pumpkin Limited, a 45-minute trip that takes place inside a vintage coach pulled by a 1941 diesel locomotive. End the day watching as the kids pick their very own pumpkins!
Of all the complicated systems in your car, the braking system may be the most important of all. Responsible for ensuring that you can stop the car from any speed, the braking system has quite a few components and there’s no clear mileage as to when you need new brakes. While you may not look at them often, the brakes are incredibly important to your wellbeing. Here are several signs you need new brakes.
- Pulling – If your vehicle pulls to one side when braking, it’s a sign that there’s something wrong with the braking system. Whether the linings are wearing unevenly or there’s something in the brake fluid, it’s worth a trip to the dealership’s service department for an inspection. Better safe than sorry, after all.
- Vibrating – A vibrating brake pedal isn’t normal and can signify two things: a vehicle out of alignment or warped rotors. If your brake pedal vibrates when the anti-lock brakes aren’t engaged, odds are your rotors are warped. Take your car in for service right away.
- Screeching – A loud, high-pitched screech, squeal, grinding, or growling is an indication that the brake pads need to be replaced. If you wait too long, the scratching of metal on metal could cause damage to the rotors, requiring repair or replacement altogether.
Ford is often celebrated as the best pickup manufacturer in the world. It’s hard to contest this claim when the brand has had the best-selling vehicle—not just the best-selling truck—in the world for decades. The F-150 is just one of many truck offerings available from Ford, each of which has distinct features and perks you won’t find elsewhere.
Why buy a Ford truck? These pickups are dependable. There’s a reason the F-150 is so popular. This model is built with high-strength military-grade aluminum. Not only does that cut weight by over 750 pounds, increasing performance and efficiency, but it also strengthens the design. Plus, the F-150’s aluminum body doesn’t rust—one perk you won’t find on trucks like the Silverado or Tacoma.
According to Ford, these models are also among the most powerful in their segments. Take the Ford Super Duty for example. The available 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel can generate a whopping 860 lb-ft of torque. That means you can tow up to 26,500 pounds in the F-350 4×4 when properly equipped.
Ford trucks are also great off-road as well as on the highway. The upcoming 2017 F-150 Raptor is bred for dirt tracks and snow, with a suspension made by Fox Racing Shox™ and an intelligent Terrain Management System. Mechanical-locking four-wheel drive, fat all-terrain tires, variable damping, and skid plates are just some of the features that make this model great. The new F-150 Raptor is the ultimate off-road truck.
These are just some of the many reasons to consider buying a Ford truck. Check out the Ford pickup lineup today at Tropical Ford.
Some 2018 Expedition rumors are circulating, especially as the new model was spotted out on the test track recently. Resembling the F-150 in many ways, the new Expedition is set to get a high-strength aluminum body as well. This will decrease overall weight significantly, improving handling and fuel economy, as well as driving dynamics.
According to the Examiner, the 2018 Expedition is set to have a completely new body and refreshed looks, with added space both inside and outside. That means you’ll have more legroom inside of the cabin, with high-quality seating for added comfort on long trips.
Under the hood we’ll see improvements as well. Thanks to some tweaking, the Expedition will have between 5,000 and 10,400 pounds of towing capacity with more than 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. Although exact numbers are still not known, sources at Ford have discussed using a state-of-the-art 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 that was recently developed for late 2016 and current 2017 Ford models.
The exact details about the 2018 Ford Expedition are still under wraps, though we can’t wait to see this model in action. With an aluminum frame, engineers are planning to drastically change the Expedition, offering better performance and handling. Plus, with a new EcoBoost engine and lighter design, fuel economy is bound to sky rocket. We can’t wait to see the 2018 Ford Expedition on the market, though it may be a year or so until that happens.
The beach is the ideal place to go this summer. Do something a little different and truck camp on the beach this year. If you don’t know how to go about truck camping on the beach, here are some simple steps to follow:
- Bring your F-150
The Ford F-150 will fulfill all of your towing needs. With a towing capacity of up to 11,800 pounds and a best-in-class payload capability, you’ll be able to bring all your camping equipment to the beach.
- Bring the right equipment
A heavy duty tow strap, a vehicle jack, plywood board, a shovel, air pressure gauge, electric air compressor, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit are all essential truck camping equipment.
- Wax everything
Be sure to wax your truck and your trailer to protect your vehicles from salt air exposure.
- Have proper tire pressure
Make sure to have slightly lower air pressure than normal since you’ll be driving on the sand. Tires should be lowered to as low as 17 psi and as high as 25 psi.
- Drive carefully
Once you’re on the sand, make sure to take your foot off the gas so as not to drive your vehicle into the sand and put your truck in four-wheel drive.
Here are some places you can go:
Canaveral National Seashore
The 2016 Ford F-150 stands out for many different reasons. The truck features a high-strength, military-grade, aluminum body. It has the best-in-class towing (when equipped with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6).
There’s yet another facet that makes the 2016 Ford F-150 unlike any other truck. It was the only full-size truck to receive the highest rating of “good” from the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety. The F-150 was also named as a Top Safety Pick, making it quite possibly the safest truck on the road today.
According to Raul Arbelaez, VP of the IIHS, the 2016 Ford F-150 “is leading the way among large pickup manufacturers when it comes to protecting people in a range of crashes and offering technology to warn drivers of imminent frontal crashes.”
There is just as much a focus on safety as there is on toughness in the 2016 Ford F-150. After all, what good is a truck if it can’t keep you safe? The high-strength steel frame of the Ford F-150 goes a long way in protecting you. Everything from the advanced restraint system with dual-stage airbags to Curve Control is there to keep you protected and confident.
Stop into Tropical Ford to test drive the safe and reliable Ford F-150 today!
The Ford Bronco is somewhat of a large icon but it has become harder and harder to find since it left the lineup. Now, nearly 20 years later, the monstrous vehicle is returning to the market. Likely boasting impressive off-road specifications and capabilities, the Bronco will join a lineup already full of capability on- and off-road. As for how capable the Bronco will be is yet to be seen, but with Ford’s engineers hard at work, it’s likely to be a doozy.
The new Ford Bronco will launch as a two-door model with a four-door version coming later. That’s not too surprising considering many automaker’s most popular vehicles fall into the truck and SUV category. Crossovers are popular as well but conventional cars are seeing their sales dip slowly.
The Bronco may boast the design shown as a concept vehicle, the Ford Atlas, not long ago. Known as a rough, tough, off-road-ready machine, the Bronco will likely play host to some impressive specifications. Identifiable by its ride height, massive tires, and powerful engine, this 4×4 will likely go tire-to-tire with the likes of the Jeep Wrangler.
Off-roaders, start your engines! The Ford Bronco is back.
We here at Tropical Ford and pumped for the return of the Ford Bronco!